This Personal Data Processing Statement (“PDPS”) is prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”).
This PDPS sets out the policies and procedures describes how Hotel Armada (M) Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya) agreement to the usage and processing of your personal data for purposes set out below. For purposes of this statement, “HAPJ” means Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including to your name, age, identification number, passport number, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, vehicle number, credit cards or payment details opinions, comments, information in connection to the programs and/or packages you have participated in and such other personal information or your views/opinions related to your reservation, stay or visit that are, have been and may be collected, compiled, processed and maintained with HAPJ from time to time.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal data that we process include:
- your personal details such as name, national identification number, age, sex, nationality, occupation, contact information, passport and visa information and other required information pursuant to local laws and regulations;
- guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences, telephone numbers dialed, faxes and telephone messages received from third parties on behalf of guests/customers;
- your credit card details, membership information, account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner programmes affiliation;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example, leisure, travel and guest preferences);
- your reviews and opinions about our services;
- information such as videos and photographs collected through the use of closed circuit television systems (CCTV) and other security systems; and
- information relating to the credit of customers.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and disclose relevant portions of your personal data and information in order to:
- process and/or confirm hotel arrangements and restaurant reservations;
- provide and charge for the hotel accommodations and other goods and services you purchase;
- provide privileges, benefits and services to you;
- provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
- process applications and administer membership programmes;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of guests;
- administer general record keeping;
- facilitate direct marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, including sending you sales promotional communications or special offers if you have consented to receive the same. Please see section “Direct Marketing” below;
- facilitate matching for whatever purpose with other personal data;
- disclose the winner of contests and lucky draw competitions conducted by us or on our behalf;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We intend to use your personal information (including your name, address, telephone numbers, email and other contact details) to send you marketing communications such as direct-mail, email, telephone calls and SMS, containing news, offers, promotions, events to be offered by us or by our business partners in relation to the following classes of products and services: travel, transportation, retail, food and beverage, credit cards, financial and publications, leisure, health and wellness, non- profit and charitable activities, telecommunications, social networking, media and public relations.
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing without your consent. We will always ask for your consent before we use your personal information for direct marketing. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications or contacting HAPJ in accordance with the section “Access & Correction Requests and Inquires”.
DISCLOSURE OF THIRD PARTIES
Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your reservation or for your stay at HAPJ. Further, HAPJ may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on HAPJ’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties.
Such third parties include (without limitation):-
- information technology service providers;
- professional advisors and external auditors;
- law enforcement, regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
ACCESS & CORRECTION REQUEST AND INQUIRIES
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to above and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
Marketing Communications Department Lot 6 Lorong Utara C Section 52
46200 Petaling Jaya Selangor
Tel: 603 7954 6888 (extension: 4502, 4625)
Fax: 603 7956 8088
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, HAPJ has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to you or another person’s privacy.
As indicated above, all requests for access to your personal information must be submitted in writing. When communicating your request, please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number so we can ascertain your identity, and specify clearly the type of enquiry and the original source of data collection.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for the processing of any such access request. The fee chargeable is RM2.00 for each request without a copy of the personal data and RM20.00 for each request with a copy of the personal data.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS
HAPJ does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to HAPJ. In the event that such Personal Data is given to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. This Policy is written in the English and Malay languages and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail