Individual awards shall cover positions within the Sales and Marketing Department (i.e. Room Sales, Events Management, Catering, Reservations, Public Relations and Communication and Revenue Management). There are three (3) categories:
- 1. OUTSTANDING SALES AND MARKETING ASSOCIATERegular employees of an HSMA member-property who provide direct/indirect sales and marketing support to secure and/or implement business revenue streams. Examples of positions which fall under this category may include, but not limited to, the following:Sales Coordinator, Sales Executive, Marketing Officer, Events Officer, Events Coordinator, Events and Catering Assistant, PR Associate/PR Assistant, E-Commerce Executive, Sales Secretary, Executive/ Administrative Assistant and Reservations Agent.
- 2. OUTSTANDING SALES AND MARKETING MANAGERAssistant Director of Sales, Senior Sales Manager/Sales Manager, Assistant Director of Events Management, Meetings and Events Manager, Banquet Manager, PR/Marketing Communications Manager, Reservations Manager/Assistant Manager, Revenue Manager, E-Commerce Manager, Director of Catering, Director of Events Management, Director of PR & Advertising,
- 3. OUTSTANDING SALES AND MARKETING LEADERRegular employees of an HSMA member-property who leads and orchestrates at least two(2) or more activities/functions which directly/indirectly define, or shape, the sales & marketing strategy to secure and/or implement business revenue streams. Examples of positions which fall under this category may include, but not limited to, the following:Director of Marketing, Director of Sales, Director of Sales and Marketing, others with limited position titles but whose scope meet above definition.
A Corporate award will be given to recognize an HSMA member-property with the most Outstanding Marketing Campaign of the Year. The campaign should:
- Be built on a single unified theme, and
- Use at least two (2) different types of media.