Terms & Conditions
Joy Club is a frequent reservation program designed to reward corporate secretaries and personal assistants for booking their companies' travelers at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei.
The following Terms & Conditions are intended to protect members of Joy Club. Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Joy Club Service Team at 02 2378 8888 ext.6583
Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei is referred as The Hotel below:
A. Membership Eligibility
1. Joy Club membership is open especially to corporate secretaries and executive assistants. The membership is not transferable.
2. Membership in Joy Club is complimentary and available to individuals residing in Taiwan and who are 18 years of age and older.
3. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse membership for any reason whatsoever or reject any application if the required information is not supplied accurately and in full.
4. Participation in Joy Club constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as well as any changes or modifications made in future.
5. Employees of Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible to participate in Joy Club except for specially designated employee programs.
B. Earning Points
1. It is the Members' responsibility to quote their Joy Club membership number when making reservations.
2. Members may log in to Joy Club portal https://ireward.superghs.com/shangrilatpe to check their reward points balance and transaction activities, or email the Joy Club Membership Services Team at [email protected] to get an update.
3. Members who are missing credits on their accounts must notify Joy Club Membership Services Team within 14 days of the check- out date. Failure to notify the Membership Services Team will result in the forfeiture of the reward points. Members can verify their points three (3) business days after check out. Any claims for missing point can be forwarded to Joy Club Membership Services either via the website or phone call.
4. Joy Club members are entitled to earn reward points by making reservations with room rate at or above NTD$6,000+10%+5% at The Hotel.
5. A booker must have been enrolled as a Joy Club member at the time of booking in order to earn Joy Club reward points.
6. A booker cannot have more than one Joy Club membership account. Program memberships and rewards are tied to the individual, not transferrable and can only be used by the member whose name is listed on the account. Under no circumstances will the member receive credits for any rooms booked by other individuals including, but not limited to, friends or family members.
C. Claiming the Reward
1. Members may redeem their reward points at https://ireward.superghs.com/shangrilatpe under Joy Club Portal – Rewards / Redemption section. In addition to Members' user IDs and passwords, the Hotel reserves the right to seek other personal information for verification purposes.
2. While using gift vouchers issued by Joy Club, members are solely responsible for making reservations and for confirmation of bookings or services provided by Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei.
D. General Rules
1. Whenever there is a change of personal particulars, it is the member's sole responsibility to update their membership record on the Joy Club portal or to inform the Membership Services Team in writing.
2. The sale or barter of any Joy Club points, rewards or other benefits, other than by The Hotel, is prohibited.
3. Joy Club Services Team reserves the right to correct any member statements or Joy Club point accruals or balances that are incorrect due to processing errors.
4. Respecting the member’s privacy is important. However, The Hotel may send the member certain program information that may include, but is not limited to, marketing materials which will inform them of special offers and products the hotel believes would be of interest to its members. The member will be given the opportunity to opt-out from receiving such marketing materials.
5. Joy Club Service Team reserves the right to amend the rules, restrictions, program benefits, and special offers without notice. The Hotel reserves the right to terminate the Joy Club program at any time.
6. The Hotel may immediately suspend or cancel a member's Joy Club account at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion, including without limitation, if Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei believes the member has breached or violated these terms and conditions, engaged in misuse or wrongdoing in connection with the program, acted in a fraudulent, inappropriate, hostile or abusive manner, failed to pay any amount due to Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei, acted in a manner inconsistent with any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance. Such termination will result in an automatic forfeiture of any unredeemed rewards or book credits or any other benefits without remuneration and you will no longer be able to participate in the program. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall limit Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei in the exercise of its legal or equitable rights or remedies. Subject to applicable law, should Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei ever file for or be subject to a bankruptcy proceeding, membership in the program will automatically terminate.
7. The Hotel is not responsible for requests, applications or correspondence lost or delayed or theft or unauthorized redemption of Joy Club benefits. We are also not liable for any acts or omissions of our employees and third parties for any errors in relation to the program including but not limited to errors involving pricing, descriptions of hotels, and calculations of awards, participating hotels or errors in crediting or debiting bookings. The Hotel is not responsible for, and reserves the right to correct, any pricing or typographical errors, errors of description, or errors regarding participating hotels, restaurants and partners.
8. Earning of Joy Club points and redemption of reward vouchers are subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Benefits and rewards received under Joy Club may be subject to taxes. Such taxes are the sole responsibility of the member who is the recipient of the said benefit or reward.
10. The Hotel makes no warranties or representations, whether expressed or implied, and expressly disclaim any and all liability (including consequential damages) with respect to the quality of goods or services claimed, redeemed and/or enjoyed through Joy Club. All conditions, warranties or other terms implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
11. The Hotel reserves the right to adjust the Joy Club point values as and when necessary to reflect changing market conditions.
12. Fraud or abuse concerning Joy Club reward usage is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei.
13. This program is void where prohibited by law.
14. Joy Club is a program operated by Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei. Service providers may also have access to members' records.
15. All interpretations of the program terms and conditions shall be at the sole discretion of The Hotel. In the event of any dispute, the member agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Republic of Taiwan.